Welcome to Dreams Factory
Founded by Sunny Zhao, a multi-award winning director, cinematographer, editor, and writer, Dreams Factory is a production company with over twenty years of experience recognized for producing the highest quality content ranging across all media platforms.
Whether it is TV commercials, web videos, music videos, content for broadcast outlets, presentations, museum exhibits, public service announcements, movies, or other platforms, our team of experienced and dedicated professionals is passionate about driving our clients’ messages home to the hearts of their audiences through compelling visuals while ensuring budget and time are used to maximum efficiency.
At the core of Dreams Factory is our love of collaborating with our clients and bringing their ideas to life, refining them into a visually dynamic and impactful product that will resonate with our clients’ intended markets. We take great joy in pushing the boundaries of expectation by approaching each project in innovative ways to captivate the audience in this ever-changing world.
Sample collection of our work
- Producing, directing and shooting On-Locations or In-Studio, 4k to 8k Ultra Hi-Def video, Ultra High Speed Hi-Def video, Hi-Def Ariel Drone Videography.
- Post production including; editorial, color correction, graphics, roto-scoping, compositing, animation, integration of logos, copyright attribution and branding, mastering and output for all types of video content including; television, television commercials, web videos, presentation videos, videos for events, public service announcements, video for new media outlets, virtual reality videos, and aerial drone videography.
- Production personnel including; producers, directors, director of photography, assistant directors, production managers, camera assistants, camera operators, location scouting, gaffers, grips, art department, wardrobe and makeup, and all other support staff on location or in studio.
- Production equipment including; 4k to 8k resolution Hi-Def Cinema cameras, Ultra High Speed cameras for slo-motion videography, drone and pilots for aerial videography, all camera support personnel, lenses, camera support equipment, jibs, dolly, gimbals, camera mounts and camera moving devices.
- Concept development, script writing, storyboarding and creative directing and consulting.
- Audio production, location audio recording, voice over recording, sound effects, original music, library music tracks, audio mixing and mastering.
- Hi-Resolution still photography, on location or in studio, for print, web and digital use, billboards, and bus sides.
- Production consulting and technical troubleshooting. Scheduling, communication, planning, identification of best practices, related logistical requirements, project tracking documentation, clearances and signed releases.
Bringing more than twenty years of experience to the table, the Dreams Factory team gives the best possible outcome to any production. Accolades include the Emmy Award, the ADDY Award, the Richmond Show Gold Cannonball Award and Best in Show, and the Telly Award, among others.
The Dreams Factory team will be dedicated on the creative front, as well as focus on client support and client communications, logistics, and assist with all phases of production. Key staff members who will be assigned to projects with UVA and other Universities are:
Sunny Zhao is a multi-award winning director (including the Emmy Award), cinematographer, editor and writer with 20+ years of experience. He has created ad campaigns for clients such as Seiko Watch, Walmart, Geico, UPS, Miller Lite, CCTV of China, Virginia Lottery and Virginia Tourism. He has also created documentary films such as Keepers of the Flame, a historical film about America’s first Capitol building designed by Thomas Jefferson and Virginia’s essential role in American history, which is currently showing at the Virginia Capitol building. His most recent work is the full length feature film, Gift, which premiered at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival and is also an official selection at the 2018 Raindance Film Festival in London.
Clara Lee is an original member of Dreams Factory, having been with us since 1994 when the company was founded. She is our Executive Producer/Producer and has been involved in all of Dreams Factory’s works since the company’s inception.
Tim Dowdle is our Producer/Line Producer/Executive Producer. He has been involved with most of Dreams Factory’s productions for the last two decades.
Amy Zhao is our writer, designer, and social media experience creator. She is an Echols Scholar and recent graduate of The University of Virginia and is our most recent addition to the team.